This is a companion to my other Bird of the Day blog, which focuses on birds I have seen in Victoria, Canada.

In March 2014, my husband and I traveled to Australia. These are the birds I photographed during our time in Melbourne and Tasmania. All of the pictures were taken with my Nikon D3100, which is an entry-level digital SLR camera, and my new AF-S VR 70-300 mm f/4.5-5.G IF ED lens.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Galah

Cacatua roseicapilla


Appearance:
Pink head, neck and underparts 
Light pink crown
Grey back, wings and rump
Off-white bill
Grey legs
Male:
     Dark brown irises
Female:
     Mid-brown or red irises

I photographed these birds in the parking lot at Tasmania's Boat Harbour Beach, which might just be the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. Honestly, it was absolutely gorgeous -- secluded and quiet.  Well, except for the Galah. They were congregating there in a noisy feeding flock.

Learn more about the Galah.

No comments:

Post a Comment