This is a companion to my other Bird of the Day blog, which focuses on birds I have seen in Victoria, Canada.

In March 2014, my husband and I traveled to Australia. These are the birds I photographed during our time in Melbourne and Tasmania. All of the pictures were taken with my Nikon D3100, which is an entry-level digital SLR camera, and my new AF-S VR 70-300 mm f/4.5-5.G IF ED lens.

Friday, March 28, 2014

Noisy Miner

Manorina melanocephala leachi


Appearance:
Grey bird
Black crown and cheeks
Orange-yellow bill and legs
Yellow panel in wings
Yellow patch behind eyes
White tips on tail feathers

This is another of the birds that I saw while at Bonorong.  It was pecking at a picture of itself on the wall, quite violently at times.  I'm not sure whether it was showing affection for the 'other bird' or trying to challenge it, as I've read that they are aggressive birds that often peck at and chase intruders.


Learn more about the Noisy Miner.

No comments:

Post a Comment